Please Join Us! AAB Meeting
May 13th - Zoom Meeting
Who We Are:
Albany Athletics Boosters (AAB) are a dedicated group of coaches, parents, administrators and Albany community members supporting all athletes and athletic programs at AHS and AMS.
Fundraise to support all sports programs and increase Albany sports spirit, maintain a quality athletic program and support our 1,200 student athletes and 25+ sports programs.
It takes $345,000 every year to sustain our current Albany Athletic Program. Albany Unified School District provides $193,000, and we anticipate this number will decrease in the next few years.
AAB’s goal is to raise more than $180,000 to help pay for equipment, uniforms, coach salaries, tournament fees, referees, and transportation to support our Albany student-athletes.
Together, we can help keep Albany School Athletics an integral part of our thriving community.
Men's Basketball took the dub 52-43 against Terra Linda, and the Women's Soccer Squad tied El Cerrito 3-3.
• The boys varsity soccer team won the TCAL championship, advanced to the finals of North Coast Section, and were selected for the CIF regionals…Go Cougars!
• Fynn Hayton-Ruffner was named MVP of the TCAL for boys soccer!
• The girls varsity team qualified for the NCS tournament
• Boys basketball was selected for the NCS tournament
• AJ Gilbert was named first team all-league in the TCAL Rock!
• Francesca LoPresti and Joanna Qiu advanced to the State finals in Wrestling!
• Alex Ferguson qualified for the NCS wrestling championships!
• Wrestling coach Jason Griffin was named NCS Honor Coach!
• The Cougar hoopsters fought hard in league play, winning 3 of their last 4 games and finishing up in 3rd place in Tri-County Stone.
• Julianne Ivtchenko was named first team all-league for TCAL Stone basketball!
“The team was led both on and off the court by 2 terrific senior leaders, Moxie Evan and Julianne Ivtchenko. Julianne stepped up and did a terrific job at a new and unfamiliar position, leading the team from the point guard spot.
Moxie lead by example on both ends of the floor and in practice as well as games. Her trademark grit lifted the level of play for her entire team. Both these girls are the kind of leaders around which any coach would love to build a team”, Coach Missy Park.
Welcome to Albany High School Athletics! We are excited to provide your son/daughter with an opportunity to develop physically, mentally and emotionally while participating on one of our interscholastic athletic teams. We trust it will be a positive experience that he/she will never forget.
Albany High School teams are members of the Tri Counties Athletic League (TCAL) in the North Coast Section (NCS) of the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF). The CIF governs all high school athletics in California.
Athletic administration and coaches uphold the purpose of our Athletic Code of Conduct which is to promote the idea of healthy competition and to set standards of good sportsmanship for everyone involved. Albany High School, along with all other TCAL schools, subscribe to the tenets of Pursuing Victory with Honor.
Athletics play an important part of Albany High School. Students learn a great deal from their participation in interscholastic athletics. Lessons in sportsmanship, teamwork, competition and how to win and lose gracefully are an integral part of each team in our athletic program. Athletics also play an important role in helping the individual student develop a healthy self-concept as well as a healthy body. Athletic competition adds to our school spirit and helps all students - spectators as well as participants - develop pride in their school.
These fine organizations make what we do possible. Please show your support to these amazing sponsors and thank them for their commitment to Albany Athletics Boosters. Interested in becoming a sponsor? Click here to learn more about our current sponsors.